About Me:

My name is Kacie Birdsell. I am from Lake Elsinore, Ca and my major is Educational Studies. I am currently in the integrated teachers program at La Verne. 

I have had a passion for teaching since I was in first grade. My teacher would send me home with the extra copies from the school day and I would have the opportunity to "teach" my class in my bedroom. My class consisted of my teddy bears and dolls and their names were the names of the ither students in my class. I would draw on the mirror with whiteboard markers and teach them the math I learned that day. I tell you that story to express my longlasting love for teaching. 

I am currently employed at Kindercare Learning Center as a school-age teacher. My first year, I worked with kindergarten and first grade students. On a typical day, my job was to drive the bus to pick up the students, bring them to the center, teach them curriculum, and help them with homework. I had the opportunity to practice classroom management, curriculum planning, and communication with parents and peers. Due to covid, my job has changed. I now am the lead teacher for all of school age which means I help the other teachers manage the classroom and teach them each child's distance learning schedule. I also manage and teach my own classroom, but this time with third through fifth graders. I make sure all students are on their Zoom calls at the right time on top of helping with homework and creating and implementing Kindercare curriculum. 

I would love to be a elementary school teacher for grades K-3, however, I am open to teaching all elementary school grades.