As you already know, my name is Jessica Rachel Gonzales Miramontes. I am a mother, sister, daughter, and best friend. I love to be a part of life and just live with a smile every day. 

I, along with many in this world have suffered great loss. But, this loss was the foundation to change what had happened. When my son, Michael was four years old, we lost his father, and it changed my possibility of going to college early in life. Today, it has been more than eleven years since his passing and as a family and individually, we are doing better than ever and are committed as a team to make sure we stay EDUCATED!

Our achievements as family has created a beautiful outlook on life through meaningful connections to this world. 

While I was raising Michael as a widowed mother, I was unable to attend college right away. When Michael was ten years old, I decided to head off to college, full time. I worked harder than I could have ever imagine doing so. I used what I knew about the world I lived in to make my future what it needed to be.

College taught me this:

"No matter what you learn in that seat, in that room, under those annoying lights, you are the one learning. It is your life. If you want to have a beautiful and amazing future, educate yourself, anyway, anyhow, and don’t stop until you achieve your goals. College is accessible to you, now more than ever before. Get a degree in something to make YOU proud of YOU!"

- Ms. Miramontes

Michael, My son when he was 10. Hes 16 now!