My Classroom Enviroment

My future 1st or 2nd grade classroom, will be a safe, happy, and welcoming learning environment. It will be filled with art, colors, and learning materials. As soon as you walk in through the door you will smell fresh sweet-scented candles depending on the season. To the left of the door there will be a bright yellow paper were students will be assigned roles. Roles like door monitor, desk monitor, secretary, paper monitor, pencil monitor, and other classroom jobs students can do. Each month students will get the chance to switch jobs to be able to have important roles in the classroom.

To the right of the classroom my desk will be centered and behind my desk there will be a pencil sharpener, sink, water fountain, and school supplies. You will then see in the center of the classroom desk lined up in groups of 6 desk together at a time, with desk facing each other for students to be able to elaborate. The desks will have colorful name labels for students to be able to personalize their labels with their favorite color and stickers. This will help students express themselves and be able to know that their desk is to inspire creativity. Students will have their backpacks hanging from the back of their chairs and to the left of the classroom will be cubbies and bookshelves. The cubbies will contain their chrome books since technology will be integrated with daily learning and each student will be assign a cubby with a number to be responsible to charge their chrome book by the end of the day. The bookshelves will be filled with books for students to be encouraged to read daily. Students will also have story time daily. Next to the bookshelf I will have giant bean bags for students to be able to sit in if they desire to read during free time. In front of the bookshelf, I will have a big colorful carpet where students will be able to sit down for story time and daily games or activities. Students will be able to participate in hands on activities daily, for engaging learning to take place. Students art work will be displayed all over the walls for students to be proud to see their work. The walls will have colorful border paper, and happy emoji faces will be placed around the room for students to know this is a happy environment. The whiteboard will have a schedule in the corner, for students to be aware of homework that will be due every Friday and spelling quizzes will be given first thing in the morning. Students will be able to see what will take place in the classroom by being able to see the weekly schedule.

The climate of my classroom will be positive and welcoming. I will always smile and greet all my students, so they can know they are being welcome to a positive learning environment. Students will be encouraged to greet each other first thing in the morning, so everyone can continue their day with a positive learning experience. A happy person can learn better than a grumpy person. If I notice a child is upset or moody, I will try my best to talk with the student, so the student can express or talk about their feelings to feel better throughout the day. Sometimes students just need encouragement and to hear positive words for them to overcome their troubles. As a professional I will always try my best to make every child feel welcomed and happy in my classroom.