Our Super Sized Kids

As an educator, this content will have an impact on my life by trying to encourage my students and their families that being healthy is a better way to live.  I need to be aware that most of the children in my class are most likely not eating healthy meals or being physically active at home. Maybe talking to my students about how food has an impact in our bodies and having them do research on their own, to give them mindfulness of how our bodies intake certain foods. Identifying barriers that are stopping families in eating healthy and being more physically active. Most parents these days feed their kids process foods, packaged foods, fast foods, and convenient foods. Obesity these days is an epidemic and its being accepted like it’s something good for our health. Many people think its genetics and it’s our genes being passed down like it’s our destiny.

Performance Levels

Reflecting on the group presentation made me think differently in approaching children and adults, when it comes to a variety of movements. The group presentation helped me understand that just because I know how to gallop, throw a ball, catch a ball, skip, and many other things that I should not expect others to be able to do that too. I should always be open minded and non-judgmental if a person lacks in a certain skill.

Being able to experience how a beginner feels when trying a new movement or skill, I got to say it’s pretty challenging. As a future educator, if I see my students struggling to skip, catch a ball, or anything in particular I will encourage them not to give up. I will help my students learn to gallop or skip whatever it may be, by physically getting up and actively moving with them.

Supervision and Bullying

Bullying is real, and some people do not experience it as much as others during their childhood. I never thought bullying would be a serious problem. Growing up, I never really got bullied, but I would witness other classmates get bullied around. I realized when you’re not the person getting bullied, you tend to pay less attention because its not directed to you. Although, I knew it wasn’t right. Until I got to Jr high and high school, I realized bullying got aggressive. I would see this in males specifically, the predator would push the victim or slam the victim’s food tray to the floor. I then realized the issue was way bigger than I initially thought. People are being bullied in different ways, according to (www.a4kclub.org/get-the-facts/bullying-statistics) 77% of students are bullied mentally, verbally, & physically,43% are cyber bullied. School bullying and cyberbullying are increasingly viewed as an important contributor to youth violence, including homicide and suicide. Bullying has a severe impact on children, this can affect the type of person that the child grows in to.