TPE 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 3.1, 3.5, 3.6, 4.4

This semester I created lesson plans for science and math.  These lessons used a range of teaching strategies, including inquiry and cooperative learning to engage and teach students.  Lessons were created with ELL and neurodiverse students in mind.  Students worked in whole group, independently, and collaboratively.  Technology such as Smart Boards and YouTube were used to teach the lesson in fun and engaging ways.  Real life connections were made in the lessons and student interest was also taken into account. 

The lessons created taught to different standards for either the Next Generation Science Standards or the CA Common Core Math Standards. 

Math Inquiry Lesson

Sciene Inquiry Lesson

Adapted Mystery Science Lesson

Found Items Science Group Lesson

Mathematical Model Presentation

Science Demo Presenation Video

Science Demo Presentation Lesson

TPE 4.1, 5.2, 5.5, 5.8

Throughout the class, I learned how to use a variety of assessment strategies and data to establish learning goals, plan instruction and how to make accommodations or modify my instruction as necessary.

Blog Post on Using Assessment to Inform Instruction

Mock Data (Used to create Assessment Math Lesson)

Assessment Math Lesson

Blog Post on Science Assessment

TPE 2.1, 2.3, 2.4

In EDUC 492, I was able to critically analyze classroom management approaches and identify culturally relevant practices.

Blog Post on Building Equity in Math

TPE 6.1, 6.2, 6.3

This semester I reflected a lot on the necessary skills needed to be a professioanl educator.  For this class, I learned how to read and teach to the CA Common Core Math Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards.  I will stay updated on standards, frameworks, and teaching practices.

I reflected on my own values and implicit and explicit biases and the ways I can mitigate any negative impact they possibly could have on my teaching.  I have learned the importance of viewing each student as an individual and to never make assumptions.  I also now realize the importance of holding each student to the same high expectations.  I will make sure to implement culturally responsive pedagogy.  I will honor each of my student's experiences and make sure their idenity is represented throughout my classroom and teaching.

Blog Post on Implicit Bias