Song:  Pure Imagination by Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Soundtrack

Author Study Project

I was really excited to do the Author Study Project that was assigned for this class.  I have always been a huge fan of Roald Dahl's children's books and was thrilled to learn more about him.  I worked with a classmate on the project who shares a love for Dahl's work.  My partner made two videos that talked about Dahl's life and came up with some activities.  I  did a lot of research on Dahl as well.  I was fascinated by the amazing life Dahl led and can see how much of his life influenced his writing.  I also studied the creative and humorous style of Dahl's writing, some of the characteristics common in his books, as well as different themes he explored.  I then went through and created a bibliography of all of Dahl's children's books as well as his poetry books for children.  It is incredible how many wonderful children's books Dahl wrote over his career.  Many of Dahl's books are people's most memorable and favorite from childhood.  Lastly, I  created an activity utilizing technology for students to do while reading James and the Giant Peach.  This was an incredibly enjoyable project and I am so glad I now have a deeper understanding of one of my favorite authors.

Vromans Bookstore [Online image]. (2015). Retrieved November 21, 2017 fromhttp://www.vromansbookstore.com/roald-dahl-day-sept-2015

Below is my write up for the Author Study Project

Dahl, R. (1943). The gremlins. New York, NY: Random House.